Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Aim the Scope for the Kill

It's an overkill!
Hey guys, long time no post. Things have been pretty busy here on FIEA, and for good reason. So much to learn and do with so little time, it's a wonder how things get done with how much sleep I like to get. xD
Jokes aside, this time around I am showing you wonderful people some horrible artsy coding in UE4!  

Nothing all that nice really. Kinda Technical Artist type deal and what not. But I think I kinda understand it.

There's two different interactions that are going on, as shown on the video. The Bounding Box is one of the triggers where the player heads towards the opponent, in this case the starfish creature, for something to happen. In this case, the color changed into two contrasting spectrum: White and Black.  I originally wanted to get the mesh to change many different colors when you go in and out of the box, but I couldn't figure out exactly how to do that. So I settled with the two different color, as shown.

The second trigger was a Key Trigger. Unable to get the other keys to read, I settled with pressing the G Key to make things happen. In this case, was getting the eyes to glow in and out, as what we did in class. Kinda wanted some other effects to happen, but the other keys would not trigger/read so I scrapped that idea and when simple.


Look how neat and pretty this is. xD 


Though, of course, this is probably one of the more difficult assignments I had to mess with. When I get the chance, I shall record/screen capture my other assignments to showcase here. But for now, everyone can enjoy some music and quickly placed together render of the test file. 


For now, I shall go and work on some more homework.. x-x
Couldn't say it better myself, Spidey. 




No comments:

Post a Comment