Thursday, December 3, 2015

Serving as your foe on his behalf


Is the last thing that I wanted...
This was my home....All this pain and devastation
How it tortures me inside...All the innocent who suffer

From your stubbornness and pride!



It's that time again! Updates!

Drawing Fundamentals was flowing at full throttle! This all us awesome artists had to make a landscape that relates to our Capstone Rapid Prototype. Mine is The Scales of Truth. What does that mean? Egyptian themed landscapes!

Though where to start?

To figure that out, I made some thumbnails within a new technique I found out about. Never tried it before, and quite frankly, I love how it works. So much faster for me, than sitting there, staring at my canvas, trying to figure out what to draw.

Now what is this technique, you may ask?


Essentially, you make a canvas and divide it into equal sections then take photos from the net and mix them together. Basically, you make a digital collage. However, this chaos must serve a purpose. It must lead to a basic thumbnail design for your final cleanup that you will propose to the client.

Above, is the first step. A mangled mess where you see so many colors, though you can make out the gems that are needed.


Next, is to start painting over that mess to clean up some areas, make it more coherent, and figure out lighting. Obviously, there are some that I ended up liking a little too much and spent too much time making it into an actual piece.


Last, is to start adding details and making it a full thumbnail concept. Down with some texture feel, lighting and overall feeling of the room. My favorite was a tomb, of course, and it seems like it will be leading to something good.

I do know that I must practice on not taking so long on one piece. Though I did have a lot of fun doing this. This is essentially the style that I was thinking of when it comes to The Scales of Truth. Though, I do know this style takes much more time and probably would make it harder to achieve for a few month Capstone game.

Time to see how things go!


No comments:

Post a Comment