Wednesday, May 18, 2016

If all of Hyrule are like you...

....then maybe you'll do all right


Hey! It's a new semester and now I get to work on 3D portfolio pieces. Woo! 
(Well, next to Capstone Game and a Cinematic piece. But details!). 

I have to work on two different pieces and I have 6 weeks to sculpt, model, texture and "bring to life" what is chosen for those pieces. 

This time around, I'm moving away from the animal aspect, as much as I love to sculpt and model critters, to expand my character repertoire. 

This time, I shall work on one of my favorite characters of the Zelda Universes. And no, it isn't Link nor Epona. Rather, I'm planning on bringing the character Midna to life. More specifically her True Form. 







She has such an awesome design, and one of the biggest things I get to practice with would be the fact that she's human. I don't often work on creating humans. But, it would be good to practice, and I can't pass up the opportunity to work on a Zelda Character. Could have done Ganondorph, but doing a female would probably be a good idea.

Anyway, this is what I'm shooting for for this project. Optimized final look would be from Hyrule Warriors (top photo), as this is their current format for "high definition" LoZ game.

No comments:

Post a Comment