Monday, February 8, 2016

Wait...what's that?

A Challenger has arrived!
Hey guys! More and more updates, and it seems like this one is a fun little doosy.
For class, it appears that we have to make final renders of our concept sculpts for our individual games. The catch is, however, is that we can only do three (3) out of the twelve (12) sculpts we've done so far. Now, as relieving as that sounds, it is still rather difficult to choose only three. Lucky me that Nick was all to kind choose two out of the three designs. 
Now it is time for the lucky draw. Which one has made it through? And which has been cut?  
And the winners are! 
Drum Roll Please! 
K, D, and I
Can the lucky winners come on down!

Three very different enemies have been chosen for me to bring it closer to completion. Though, for what we are aiming for, for the final game they are already very close towards that end. I do know they will be needing much more crystals for it to match that corruption look that we are aiming for, so that is a start. Time to add some more.

Only thing, on concept D, the 'Art Director' hates seeing the horn. I know it is personal preference, but having a horn is fun. He can attack with that thing. But then again, I understand that it makes the head a little too heavy. Perhaps I can make it different by getting the sculpts closer to the accepted drawn design that was done for Common Core. Who knows. I don't. I never plan these things.

Fun part shall be the painting. Hopefully I don't spend too much time sculpting and limit the amount of time needed for the painting detail. I think it will be a lot easier that way.

Anyway. time to work on some more sculpts and make them appear much more menacing and insect like. That should be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment