Sunday, February 21, 2016

We Can Make You Better

Give you abilities that most men only dreams of.
We can give you the power of...Ley Lines~


Hey guys, more stuff to post up. Personally don't think these will be the best work ever as Environments aren't exactly my forte. But here we go anyway~!

This weeks assignment for 2D/3D is to create a small modular kit (quick models, nothing too fancy, just to throw down some ideas) and use those same models to redesign the same room, three times. Now, the one I decided to shoot towards the Main Chamber, the very one that leads towards the first tear of the boss fight. To an extent, I also think it might be a room of prayer for those who guarded the place long ago. I'm only going to focus on one part of that room, and not worry about all of the possible tears it may have.

To further play with that idea, the first room concept I made was a more traditional, in a sense, format for a prayer room which also has a curving staircase that leads to another room. If I was able to get the effects to work properly, there would be energy beams coming out of the crystal in the center and meaning upward, the staircase circling around it.

Version One.




 I added different snap shots to emphasize certain angles, that I thought were important. Such as the crustal in the middle of the room. Which would serve as the main crystal people would pray to. Since we all know in any form of civilization, humans tend to worship what is considered their god, which, in this case will be the Creator, the world, Miria.

This single, center, aspect of worship was inspired by essentially most forms of religion today. One shrine in particular that I thought of was the Shrines in Japan.

For example:

There's that pathway that leads to the main portion of worship, and pillars as 'decoration' of the holy site. I wanted to show that in at least one aspect of the room to illustrate their tie to the mystical, to Miria herself by how the main room, her 'heart' is constructed. 


Next up, is another version of  the same room. I still played around with the 'worship' of crystals, but I made it more towards a systematic, mirrored sense. Things are in balance and are the same on both sides.

Version Two.

I wanted to go for something that was extremely repeated, mimicked just to get a visual feel of how that would look and feel. It is somewhat reminiscent of some modern day architecture or even interior design of homes. 
For example: 

Of course, it doesn't go into that extravagant detail as these are supposed to be basic mock up ideas. I wanted to focus on the overall look of how it would have been before the destruction. 

Anyway, time for the last one! -throws confetti-

This one I didn't really reference anything, just went with the flow and kinda meshed what I was already looking at for the previous two designs.

Version Three.


Yay~! And here's the third beauty. You can tell the running theme I like the most: stairs. I just love seeing stairs in games, not sure why. I really like it when they are all curvy and what not, makes it look spiffy. Anyhoo, that is all for this week's assignment. Only other comment to make is the sheer difficulty I'm having with Maya lately. Constant freezing, lagging, and even saving my renders so dark that it looks like I had no lights. When I did. I had to spruce them up in Photoshop to fix the problem, however the second set seems to still be way too dark. Any more tampering and it turned into a blurred mess.

Ah well, better luck next time, right? Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment