Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Animation - Graph Editor and the Bouncing Ball

To bounce or not to bounce...
                                                                  That is not the question


Animation is totally kicking up with another assignment, this one I regrettably had to rush through the night before it was due. Part of the problem was caused that for some odd reason, none of the balls wanted to animate in a new scene. So, I had to go to a previously saved version for an earlier assignment and save that as a new scene and work from there. I'm still not entirely sure what is the deal with Maya, but I will be working with it all day today so I will figure it out eventually.

Anyway, this is my speed run through of animating a bouncing ball. This time there's three different weighted balls: standard rubber ball, bowling ball and a ping pong ball.


Looking at it after turning it in, I can see that I screwed up the animation when I planned out the weights. I know how each of these types of balls move, however it seems that I still haven't perfected how to properly animate them as of it.

It seems that I still need more practice.

Hopefully I do better with organic when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment