Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tech Art

Math...why did it have to be math?
And I thought I was finished with Math for good.


Okay, I knew that Math was not going to disappear off of the face of the earth once I graduated High School. Heck, I had math in various of classed during my Undergrad. But I was hoping that I didn't have to worry about it once I got into a Master Program.

Video Games = Math? Preposterous! That isn't a thing, is it?

Yup. There is quite a bit of math, especially to make a well made game. Though most of it is tied into Programming and being a Technical Artist. Neither of the fact I am a part of, however learning some of each is probably a good thing for the future.

Hopefully, this optimism proves to be worthwhile later one.
First off for today's Math lesson is Trigonometry. 
 

I probably shouldn't be complaining, though. It's not like it's that difficult of math, but it's been so long! I don't even remember if I still have my calculator for this kind of math. Or maybe I can use my computer to calculate, who knows. All I know, it is math and I feel as though I'm quite rusty in that part of my brain. There's probably cobwebs forming over on that side.

I guess I should just go to my happy place.

Nope. That didn't help. I guess I should woman up and do some math. >_<

The work to become a Game Designer is never easy, though I do know that I probably do not want to be a Technical Artist in the near future. Programming and math every day? That may not be my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment