Wednesday, September 9, 2015

CORE ART: Creating Concepts

THE WORLD OF PRINCESS PEACH
Revamped to fit a much darker theme.

The assignment for this week Common Core class was related to Concept Design. Here, we had to work in a group with either two or three individuals in it, and divvy up the work evenly. For this assignment I worked with my sister to rework a design for Princess Peach.

Now, neither one of us had much of a working knowledge of this character. What we know about her is that she is from the Mario franchise, is that damsel in distress whenever Browser kidnaps her, and she is Mario's love interest. So, we decided to change that up a bit and turn her into something a bit more interesting than the usual kidnapped princess.

What we came up with didn't resemble her at the slightest at first glance. But that is what's awesome about it.

While my partner worked on the character concepts, I worked on her environment.

After developing the initial design of her "palace", I went forward to figure out exactly how this world would look with such a design. 
Coloring and texturing was fun, however I made this one way to saturated. Doesn't seem to match with such a bleak hued character, so I have to fix this into something that reminisces the character much more.  
That's better. This looks rather bleak and dull, right? Though I still feel that my favorite part is the floating orbs. Matches quite well with our Spider-Peach concept.  

No comments:

Post a Comment