Monday, September 21, 2015

Maybe we'll turn it all around

'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late!
Well, looks like things in the digital world has not gone as smoothly as I would have hoped. One would think homework would be such a simple task. Sit down, do some artsy things, and then submit it once it's done.
Of course, it's never that easy.

It's been some time since I've updated. Since then, I have found that quite a few programs, specifically those created by Autodesk, do not like me.
I've had:

  • crashes
  • lag
  • saving errors
  • computer issues
  • blue screen of death 

I'm not sure what is going on here, though all of this started happening after the day of power surges throughout the campus. I thought everything was fine, but both today and yesterday evening, my computer has failed to run heavier hitting programs without freezing or switching straight to blue screen.

Heck, even my desktop wallpaper doesn't always show and it's just one image.

I wish I could figure out this problem on my own and get back to work. But instead, I'm blogging about my pain and suffering. Not exactly at that point, but I am indeed frustrated to the point of wanting to bash some heads in Gears of War. Or maybe I'm just seeing red....lots of red.


Eh, well. As much as I would like to complain even further, I could say that at least I was able to finish some aspects of my homework. Though I really dislike that it isn't as much as I would like to have finished. 

For 2D/3D Art, I was able to finish Bake Mapping and setting my High Resolution ZBrush model Bake to my super low res game model while still looking good. Which I'm ecstatic about. Though, unfortunately I cannot get freaking Mudbox to work. I'm quite positive that if my programs aren't working properly and I'm constantly seeing that blue screen error, they are connected at one point. I probably have something wrong with the processing on this laptop or something. 

 Anyway, here is my model in Autodesk Maya 2016 with the normal map added. 
While this one is from Mudbox 2016 just before it crashed. Literally just placed the model into mudbox, saved and it crashed. Go...me...
Hopefully I can get this squared away soon. Fingers crossed for me guys~


No comments:

Post a Comment