Saturday, September 5, 2015

UV Mapping & ZBrush

A NEW JOURNEY~!
One step towards texturing, on giant leap toward professionalism.
FIEA has been a bustling journey filled with a variety of techniques and projects that it has been a feat itself to keep up. After almost a week, I have finished another assignment. This one, mind you, showed me something that I have never done before: UV Mapping. 

UV Mapping is rather difficult. I never imagined it would take such a long time just to cut UVs into proper segments and insuring that it properly covered the entire model.


Of course, with days of working on it, I finally got it clean and organized. Hopefully, this is exactly how it should be done. It looks about even, so it should be fine. Though, let's test this.

 

Added a Blinn Texture to check the entire model. It looks clean in all angels, and I even have some nice detail around the entire thing. Pretty happy with how it came out. However, this look is rather boring. I want something that is damaged, something that looks like that canon has seen some stuff and been in use for a long time.

This is a job for.....ZBRUSH!


 

Another program I never used before. Though I can see why people enjoy using this program so much, it's very easy to alter a model into something with so much more detail. It was amazing how easy it was! A few types of brushes here and there, and now my canon looks like a beat up metallic canon fit for limited use.

Though in hindsight, I probably should have added some singed texture to it. I should find some time and figure out how to do that one. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment